- How long does it take once I place my order?
- Your ADSL should be Live within 20 working days from the date the order was placed.
- How will I know when my ADSL is Live?
- We will send you a router to install with simple instructions. Once all 4 lights are green you will be Live. If you have any problems call the Technical Support Team who will talk you through the set up while you are on the phone.
- I have ADSL with another provider - is it easy to switch to Europa?
- The changeover to Europa is very easy, just call our Sales Team and they will talk you through the process.
- What do the lights mean on my router?
- 1. Power light:
(i)No light: There is no power. Make sure the router is plugged in, and check the on/off switch at the back.
(ii)Solid red: Leave for one minute. If it stays Red try another power socket.
(iii)Flashing red and green: Change to a different power socket.
(iv)Solid green: Power is stable.
2. Ethernet light:
(i)Off: Your computer is either off, or you have your Local Area Connection disabled, or you have a problem with your LAN card.
3. DSL light:
(i)No Light: Remove any filters which may be attached to the phone line. Try another phone socket in the house.
(ii)Flashing green: Remove any filters which may be attached to the phone line.
(iii)Solid green: DSL is connected. If you still can't get the Ethernet light, call us.
4. Internet light:
(i)Off: The router is not authenticating. Leave it for a few minutes, if there is still no light, try to reconfigure the router.
(ii)Solid / flashing green: The internet should now be working. If it isn't, call us.
- Where can I test my ADSL speed, and what kind of results can I expect?
- The best site to check your ADSL speed is www.speedtest.net. From here you will be presented with a GLOBE, on this globe there will be numerous blue pyramids, you will need to click on the yellow pyramid. There will be only one. This will then test your speed. Your results should be Download: Approximately 850kbps and Upload: Approximately 250kbps.
- My ADSL keeps dropping out - what can you do to help?
- Call Europa. We can see the history of your ADSL connection, and advise you on the best course of action.
- I have a "page loading" error on my set-top box, what should I do.?
- 1. Check that your internet connection is active.
2. Check all your cables are plugged in and secure.
3. Reboot your set-top box + router simultaneously.
- How do I reboot the STB?
- Take the power line out and put it back in - it will reboot automatically.
- What do I do if I have a power-cut?
- Your STB should come back on automatically (always to BBC1). If this doesn’t happen please unplug the power connection to your STB and plug in again.
- What do I do if the picture keeps breaking up?
- This happens because your Internet speed isn’t fast enough to stream the channel you want. Either wait for a maximum of 3 minutes or reboot your STB (unplug the power connection and then plug in again).
- How do I get Europa Network Line Rental?
- All you need to do is send us a copy of your most recent telefonica bill via email or post and we can then start the application process.
- How much does it cost to move my Line Rental to Europa Network?
- At the moment it’s free to transfer your line rental to Europa Network.
- How long does it take?
- The line rental process can take up to 6 weeks, but generally it is much shorter.
- What advantages are there to moving my Line Rental to Europa Network?
- 1. Our Line Rental service is cheaper than Movistar.
2. Our Line Rental includes the following free services (which Movistar charges for):
a) answer phone service
b) caller ID
c) call divert
3. One convenient monthly bill, sent by email
4. We provide customer services in English
- Can I get calls without the internet package?
- Yes, we can provide all our services together or separately. You can get a simple call package with no pressure to add any other services.
- My call package contains free minutes, where can I check how many free minutes I have left?
- You can log in to our customer portal at https://customer.europa-network.com/login, where you can view your remaining minutes.
- I have signed up for a Europa Mobile package, what happens next?
- Your new SIM card will be posted to you and a mobile contract will be emailed to you as per Spanish law to confirm your details. Shortly after we receive the signed contract back from you, your SIM card will be activated. Depending on your phone model, you may need to adjust a setting, as follows:
- On your handset, select "SETTINGS"
- Under "WIRELESS AND NETWORKS" select "MOBILE NETWORKS"
- Select "ACCESS POINT NAMES"
- Press "MENU" and select "NEW APN"
- Edit the configuration for the NEW ACCESS POINT:
NAME = ION
APN = inet.es
All other options keep clear
- Press "MENU" and "SAVE"
Make sure that you have "ION APN" selected and that your "Mobile Data Service" is active within your handset.
- Open Safari
- Visit http://www.ionmobile.es/ayuda
- Scroll to the bottom and you will see a tab that says "Internet"
- Go to the 5th question and press on "iOs"
- Press "Instalar"
- Select "INSTALL NOW"
- Enter your passcode (if your iPhone is password protected)
- Select "DONE"
You are now connected to Europa Network's 3G Service!
- I already have a mobile number, can I keep it?
- Yes, just make sure to remember to tell us when ordering, so we can gather the details for "porting" (transferring) your number.
- I already have a mobile phone, can I continue using it with Europa Network?
- We sell a selection of smart phones, but if you already have a phone, then of course you can use it! Just be sure to tell us what size SIM card you need when placing your order. If you are unsure, tell us the make and model of your current phone, and we will advise you.
- I am going abroad soon and need to be able to use my phone...
- No problem! Just call us prior to leaving, and ask us to activate your roaming facility. When you arrive in your destination country, turn the phone on, and in your network settings choose "automatic". This will enable your phone to search the network for reception. Then, when you return to Spain, switch the network setting back to manual, and select "Europa Mobile".
- How and when do I pay?
- Initially you will pay for the setup and any equipment by a credit/debit card (this can be a UK or Spanish bank). You will be asked to provide an IBAN (bank account number of a Spanish bank). Future payments will be taken by Direct debit from your Spanish bank account between the 1st and 8th of each month. If for any reason the payment is not made by your bank we will notify you by SMS and email.
- Do I get a monthly bill?
- We will send you a fully itemised invoice by email between the 1st and 3rd of each month. You can also log in to our customer portal at https://customer.europa-network.com to view your invoices.
- Can I pay from an English bank?
- You can pay with an English credit/debit card, but a direct debit can only be set up from a Spanish bank.
- How can I cancel my services?
- You will need to contact Europa Network and notify us of any cancellation of services or change of provider. We will advise you as to when your final payment is due, and when to cancel your Direct debit at the bank.